Updating the Lucene Website
Editing Content on the LuceneTM sites¶
Editing any of the Lucene sites (Core, SolrTM, PyLucene) is easily done using the ASF CMS.
The easiest way to make quick edits to content on the website is using the CMS Bookmarklet to edit/stage/publish page edits.
To get started, take the following steps from the command line:
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/cms/trunk cms/trunk
- svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/build if you wish to build and test locally
- http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#local-build for details on building locally. If you are on a mac, you may need some perl dependencies installed.
- cd asf-cms
- ./build_site.pl --target-base=
- Edit the files in cms/trunk/content and cms/trunk/templates as you see fit. When you are satisfied, svn commit.
- Browse to the staging site to see them live (it may take a few seconds to build, you can track builds at http://ci.apache.org/builders/lucene-site-staging).
Publishing Content to the Live Site¶
- Browse to https://cms.apache.org/lucene/publish and log in.
- Confirm svn differences.
- Click the 'submit' button to publish changes.